Salvokop Centre (Head Office)
Phone: +27 12-003-2008
VAT REG NO: 4610252225
NPO NO: 007-050
PBO NO: 130004846
NPC REG NO: 2000/030918/08
POPUP is dependent on, and makes regular use of, many volunteers. Since its inception in 2000 the work done by individuals on a voluntary basis has greatly increased the services and the ministry at POPUP and also enhanced the standards which we uphold to this day.
To enable you to make an informed decision as to how you can get involved at POPUP the following are the possible areas in which you may feel called to assist:
- POPKids is a day care centre for disadvantaged children aged 1 to 5 years:
- Development of posters, exhibition material, visual material for sponsors and oversees donors,
- Training and development of the centre's teachers - specific educational skills and material for themes to be presented.
- Maintenance of the POPUP buildings and grounds
- Painting, welding, carpentry, tiling, etc.
- Electrical and plumbing work.
- Gardening - development and maintenance.
- Data capturing
- Website up-dating and maintenance.
- Multi-media and/or audio visual expertise (e.g. professional photography, videography, etc.)
- Physiotherapy, speech therapy, audiology and occupational therapy.
- Guest speaker/lecturer in your specific area of expertise.
- Business / Entrepreneurial training.
- Mentoring for learners and facilitators.
- Public relations and Communication
- Fundraising for projects i.e. POPKids, skills training, food programmes and vehicles,
- Obtaining media exposure.
- Donor nurturing.
- POPUP's celebrations i.e. developing posters, exhibition material, arrangements throughout the year.
- Sponsorships for various activities
- Proposal writing.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of Volunteer opportunities and we are happy to discuss any ideas that you may have regarding your involvement in POPUP.
It is important to us that any volunteer opportunity available meets your needs as well as our own; we therefore would invite you to complete the volunteer application form and return it at your convenience along with any certificates to substantiate your application.
We look forward to welcoming you at POPUP and to your joining our family of volunteers.
Volunteer Application Form
Download Volunteer forms below:
Areas for Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Task List
Volunteer Terms and Conditions
WHAT WE DO