POPUP PRIVACY NOTICE
To carry out our Vision and Mandate, POPUP needs personal information relating to both individual and juristic persons. POPUP is dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information we collect.
This Privacy Notice serves as a general notice to you, informing you of POPUP’s commitment to privacy protection within its day-to-day functioning. This notice forms part of POPUP’s websites’ terms and conditions. It seeks to explain how POPUP may use Personal Information collected from you when you use our websites. If you do not agree with any term(s) of this POPI notice, you must cease your access of our websites immediately.
- Who We Are
POPUP’s vision is to transform lives and uplift individuals to impact their world. Our primary offering is skills development and training. People are given opportunities to obtain skills which will enable them to find employment or start their own enterprise and rise from the terrible conditions caused by poverty and other circumstances such as a crime and addiction.
- What is Personal Information
Personal Information according to the Protection of Personal Information Act, means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to:
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic, or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, and birth of the person;
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other particular assignment to the person;
- The biometric information of the person;
- The personal opinions, views, or preferences of the person;
- Correspondence sent by the person that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
- Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with POPUP and the choices you make when interacting with our websites or staff. These interactions include but are not limited to completing contracts, email correspondence, telephone correspondence, online software communication or making use of any affiliated apps and software. Information includes what individuals tell POPUP about themselves, what POPUP learns by having you attend a function or when you make use of a specific service.
When we ask you to provide personal data, you may decline, but we will need some information to interact with you. Where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into, or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data we need, we will not be able to enter into the contract or execute our duties.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, and contact details (for example, name and surname, and contact details such as your telephone number(s), email, and physical address).
- Race, Nationality and Gender information for BEE purposes.
- Employment status and educational qualifications.
- Health and disability status.
- Information needed by Law or to execute a contract we have with you or a service provider.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or another competent person (possibly a third party). Where lawful and reasonable, we may collect Personal Information about you from third parties and publicly available sources. We also collect personal information based on how you engage or interact with us on social media and through e-mails, letters, telephone calls, and programme attendance.
We collect your Personal Information, for one of the following reasons:
- Attendance Registration for skills programmes managed by POPUP;
- BEE compliance;
- Employment prospects such as learnerships at prospective employers;
- Legal reasons;
- To send you newsletters and marketing material which includes sending promotional information about POPUP and its programmes;
- To carry out other organizational functions such as payroll functions, property functions and financial functions with business partners and contractors.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Business references and contacts from previous business engagements with third parties;
- Personal information made public.
We may passively collect information from your website usage and store that information on our server logs, including your internet protocol address (“IP address”), browser type, operating system, device identifier, device model, software version, or mobile or ISP carrier information.
We use the information that you have given us to:
- Create a database of our learners, funders, employers and business partners;
- Communicate with our registered database;
- Create statistical references;
- Determine our impact and influence in our society; and to
- Execute our organizational and legal functions.
We may share your personal information with:
- The Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa: Doxa Deo Family Network;
- Other POPUP controlled entities, affiliates and/or subsidiaries;
- Employees of the larger POPUP;
- with vendors working on our behalf.
We share your personal information with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorised. We also share personal information in the execution of business activities where the activity relates to you; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our staff, learners, and visitors; to protect lives; and to protect the rights and property of POPUP.
When will we process your personal information?
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), we believe that we are justified in processing your personal information because:
- You or another competent person consented to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which you are a third party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed on POPUP by law;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest you may have;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by POPUP; or
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of POPUP or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Our processing of personal information includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods are related to and supported by our manual methods.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored on Salesforce (a web-based database application) and when collected physically in a file in the management office, which is safely stored in a locked office or cupboard.
We keep your information for the duration of the programme you are enrolled in or the professional relationship lasts. For statistical and record keeping purposes we store information of Learners for five years after the programme was concluded. We also store C.V.’s of Learnership Programme Applicants for five years irrespective if the person’s application for enrolment was successful or not. We will then dispose your information at the end of the relationship (whether it being a ministry or professional relationship) by either deleting the electronically stored information or destroying the actual file and papers.
- Your Data Protection Rights
You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to any of the local congregations, whose contact details are on their individual websites. We may charge you a fee for this service.
You may also request your local congregation to correct or supplement any of your personal data which they will undertake as soon as practicable.
You may also request the destruction of your personal data. We will consider your request considering any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at your local congregation, whose contact detail is on their individual website if you wish to make such a request.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Changes to this privacy notice apply to your use of our services. POPUP can modify this privacy notice. When material changes are made, we will provide notice through our services, or by other means, to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective.
You acknowledge that your continued use of our services, after we publish our changes to this privacy notice, means that the collection, use and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated privacy notice.
- Our Contact Details
Website Address: www.popup.co.za
Our physical Address: 112 Anderson Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181
Our Postal Address: PO Box 4490, Pretoria, 0001
Our Email Address: [email protected]
- How to Complain if You Feel we did not adhere to this Notice
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at your local congregation, whose contact detail is on their individual website. In this case, please refer to www.doxadeo.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information. Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor
P.O Box 31533
Complaints email: [email protected]
General Enquiries email: [email protected]